Thursday 27 October 2022

Flowers fade

 

Flowers might fade, but it's then that they produce fruit.

As I head into the autumn of my life I realise that youth might fade, but it is in the later years that we really start to see the fruit of life. There is more to look back on and learn from. Ideally there should be a better character because we have had the rough edges smoothed off (though that isn't the case with everyone, of course). 

The flowers look lovely and smell great as well, but the fruit nourishes us and contains the seed for further growth. And the thing is, you have to go through the flower stage to reach the fruit, even if something produces fruit quickly. There is no shortcut, so don't feel sad as you move into autumn - it is a new season with new joys.


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page, Tracy, and so bang on in sentiment. As I age, I feel grateful to be able to look back at the different stages of my life, knowing that they are the flowers that brought me here. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we don't enjoy where we are in life we miss out on so much!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.