Tuesday 17 January 2023

Event or journey?

 

An event or a journey?

This is the question asked by Seth Godin on his blog in the past week. Events are one-off, on a certain date, whereas a journey can take a lifetime - and life is our longest journey. 

I guess this is another energy question for me. Do you put an enormous amount of effort into something that is fleeting (although it may have outworkings that last longer) or save it for the longer haul? Obviously there are some events that are important, such as a wedding, but the marriage is the journey and therefore the more important part. So often people fall out over things happening - or not happening - at weddings when really that's a fleeting part of the whole.




2 comments:

  1. That's a stunning page, and a fascinating question, Tracy. I'll be doing a lot of thinking about that this week, so thank you for the impetus to self-examine once again. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can make people contemplate a little more :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.