Monday 27 March 2023

Winter approaches

 

In the southern hemisphere we are heading towards winter. 

I love the strong colours in this page. It made me think of a landscape even before I added the tree. Then the tree made me think of winter, and how it follows the autumn - a fruitful season. I feel a little like I'm in a personal winter, living on the fruit gathered in the autumn. I had a six month period of painting, producing fruit, and now I'm 'using' that produce. 

We need winters, even if we find them difficult. Without them we don't have the breathing space to gather our energy for another fruitful season. We can try, and maybe do a few years in a row, but eventually we burn out. So winters are necessary, but they can still be colourful as we experiment and play and see what ideas start to germinate in the spring.


I love the little red marks here, and the purple patch that appeared because of the overlap of colours. 





2 comments:

  1. What a stunning page, Tracy; I'm loving the intensity of the colour and the wonderful contrasts. Winter may feel like a fallow time, but as creatives, we know that something is bubbling underneath all that coolness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those colours are so summer, yet I felt it was about winter. As you say, it must be all the stuff bubbling underneath that came out in my palette :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.