Thursday 21 March 2024

New mixed media piece

 


So I pulled out an old board and started a new artwork because I wanted to work bigger than in my journal. This is 76 x 51cm. I'm thinking that it's finished, but it will sit in my studio for a bit while I decide. All the layers underneath (from two previous mixed media pieces) have added some interesting textures. I like how parts of this look like bits of the night sky thanks to some black tissue paper with shiny dots embedded in it. 

I find myself drawn to palettes that mostly have a red, a blue, and a yellow. Although the middle band of this piece looks black, it contains a lot of Payne's grey, which isn't so evident in the photos. 

Do you find your artworks have recurring palettes or themes?








1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, this is lovely, Tracy. The feeling of that all-seeing eye overlooking the landscape is amazing, and the closeups of the textural aspects have me ogling all around the painting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.