Monday 8 April 2024

Common courtesy

Is common courtesy too hard?

It seems like it might be for some people. I sent in two expressions of interest for exhibiting possibilities and received absolutely nothing in reply. Not even an email saying that my interest had been noted and they'd get back to anyone who was successful. These are people that are asking for artists to contact them, not people that I'm cold-calling. You would think it would be possible to at least acknowledge receipt of an email. I don't mind not making it into an exhibit - that's all part of the life of an artist - but the lack of response is disheartening and rude. 

So please, if you're dealing with artists - or anyone! - at least acknowledge emails. I don't need my ego stroked, but common courtesy would be nice. 




1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm all over this post, Tracy - there seems to have been a huge drop in courtesy, especially since Cofic hit (or is that my imagination?). Those dark marks on your page speak to me of the repetitive lack of same.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.