Monday 1 April 2024

New framed work

 


So last week was incredibly busy with all the Easter services going on, plus the creative prep for them. I set up my blog posts for the week and let everything upload automatically, so my apologies for not visiting anyone's blog or replying to comments last week. I just needed to get on with doing my own stuff.

And this is one of the things that I did. It's on a plastic vinyl material that someone gave me a big roll of. I taped off the edges, gessoed it, and let loose with a brayer to start with, which is why there are some great textures that you can see in the close-ups below. 

I find myself doing lots of stripes at the moment, and particularly like the ones at the top of this piece where I dragged a mark-making tool through the black and into the pink and made an accidental notan. 

What new thing are you doing in your art at the moment?







4 comments:

  1. Like how your marks add wonderful texture to your pieces and the blue crosses are very eye catching. Hope your April is off to a lovely start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. My April has certainly begun slowly :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm salivating over this one, Tracy. It is so luscious I'd have been tempted to eat it, rather than frame it. Like you, I love the top area of black and pink, and the greyed wave below. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Win. I think my birthday cakes would be a better fit for eating, though! My family like to test me, so I've made Noah's ark, a puffer fish, an echidna, and a cat in the past. This year Zach wants a frog. Not just a flat frog but a sitting frog, 3D style. It could all end up looking like a hill, but I'll do my best :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.