Monday 26 December 2011

A new year is coming

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Our church fed about 240 people yesterday who all seemed to be having a jolly good time. Our thanks go out to all the volunteers who worked so hard setting up the room, cooking, and cleaning up afterwards.

As a new year is coming I thought I should set myself a creative challenge. For the 31 days of January I shall attempt an artistic journal page a day with prompts. If you would like to join me in this, the first prompt is 'consider the flowers' for January 1st.

In my Bible study journal I shall be looking at the book of Proverbs. This is something my husband likes to do each January (31 days and 31 chapters, so it fits nicely) for his sermons and he encourages the congregation to read it, too. It is fun because you can focus on one verse or a whole section. Lots of material to get your teeth into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.