Sunday 8 September 2013

Bits and pieces


I find I have several pieces that I've finished this week that haven't found a place on to the blog in any other place. I'm just bringing them all together in a 'bits and pieces' post. I think this fits with the Art Journal Journey topic for this month - less is more - and also for the Soartful Challenge which is a single flower with a minimalist design. 


Here I was just having fun with some colour, trying out a technique that didn't work for me, but hey, I had fun anyway. My daughter read what I'd stamped and decided that she should do just that, so the purple splodge at the top right is hers :)


This page is a large transfer of a photo I took at Wakehurst Gardens in Sussex, UK. I used Transfer Artist Paper for it. Not that happy with the writing, but never mind. It was a ten minute page and there's only so much you can do in ten minutes.


And this one... well, I've just bought a book on self-portraits. As someone who hates having their photo taken, doing a self-portrait is not something I would think of doing. I couldn't bring myself to do any more than my eyes this time. And even then I posterized the photo in Photoshop. Still slightly unsettled by it and haven't come up with any words for the page yet. I really like the background, though.

So that's my round-up. What have you been up to? 

11 comments:

  1. Your "bits and pieces" post is delightful, I Love seeing the different pieces. I really like your background in the first and it's perfect for our Soartful Challenge. Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All wonderful pages-the door one is amazing

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your single flower is just wonderful, I like the subtle "bricks" effect of the background and the way you have left a good space at the left with nothing in it, and of course I like the single flower and the text too, all very clever and artistic.
    I like the other pictures here too especially your colourful page with the purple splodge (a collaborative piece!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great pages Tracy! WOW!
    Thank you for supporting Art Journal Challenge again! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy, what a variety! Your bloom quote is one of my favorites. Enjoyed seeing all of your lovely works..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the Bits and Pieces, Tracy! You are so ambitious in all you do and try and learn. Maybe I will do some self portraits, hmmmm. Have a wonderful new week, kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice variety of artwork Tracy.
    I too am enjoying the Less is More AJJ challenge as I find it pretty challenging ;)
    Your Bloom where you're planted turned out great
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So different pieces of art! But all are beautiful!! Especially I like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super-- really like the flower entry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowwww, was für schöne Seiten. Klasse!

    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowwww,great pages,love the door,amazing.

    greetings jeannette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.