Wednesday 18 February 2015

15 minute page



Inspired by Rae Missigman, I thought it was about time to do another video. She regularly sits down, sets a timer, and does a page within the time limit with only the supplies that are within reach. A really good discipline. I spent a lovely half hour watching her videos.

So here is my own video of a quick page made with just a few supplies. The face was already done and I knew I wanted to use it, but I wasn't sure how. Putting the camera on applies a certain pressure. As my camera is a time-lapse one, all the editing and speeding up is done in-camera. I can't alter things afterwards. So I don't want to spend too long deciding what I am going to do. The pressure is on to just get on with things and not think too much about it.

Although it is a pressure, it can also be freeing. The page might not turn to be one I like, but it provides an oasis of peace just putting colour and pattern on the page.






2 comments:

  1. Fantastic Tracy, loved the face and of course your circles on the spread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would say it takes me longer than 15 minutes to put the first mark in my journal! I should try to just jump right in. I'm sure it would be so freeing just to start without a second thought :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.