Monday 11 April 2016

Facing things head-on



Yesterday I was sawing up some cuttings from a tree. We had lopped a couple of branches off and  they were sitting in the drive. It needed dealing with. As often happens, I pondered while keeping my hands busy. First I needed to take off all the green clippings and put them in the composting bin. Then the twigs were trimmed off and stacked for the fire. (Yes, I live in Australia, but the house is chilly in winter as there is no central heating.) The rest of the branches were cut into log lengths and set to dry. 

So what were the ponderings? Well, I could have left the branches to rot in the driveway and just ignored them. But they were in the way. The car couldn't get by.

Instead, I dealt with them and turned them into fuel. Yes, it took some hard work with a saw first, but it is worth it. I have a few bits of fuel drying out for the fire which will keep us warm in a couple of months. 

It's far too easy to put things off; ignore what we would rather not do; procrastinate. But really, if we put in the work to face things straight away, we store up fuel for later; fuel that can be put to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.