Monday 16 October 2017

Sharing the news


So. Sharing the news.

If you have been visiting this blog over the last couple of months, you will have seen a lot of cryptic pages. There have been things I wasn't able to talk directly about but needed to journal. There have been lots of pages with black areas. I don't usually use a lot of black on my pages, but I like the drama it has given to recent pages. I know it turned up on the page because of the unknown parts of what was going on at the time. You will see that this page is back to bright colour with black accents.

Because now I can share the news.

We will be leaving Australia in February after  8½ years here and returning to the UK to be closer to family. The last 6 months or so have been a time of considering and searching and praying. Lots of praying.

There's a lot to be done in the next 4 months and a lot of things that are still unknown, but we have peace about the situation. There's a lot to look forward to and a lot to be sad about, but we wouldn't be feeling the sadness if we hadn't made the adventurous leap and come here in the first place. I expect many art journal pages in the next few months reflecting on what I have learned and what I will miss.





3 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your move. Here's to new and happy adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, good for you Tracy - a move is always a big decision and it's nice once you've settled into that decision isn't it.
    Your paintings are always so expressive and thoughtful... Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for you Tracy - no doubt it was a challenging decision to make. LOVE the celebratory feel to the page, but I can't help wishing you were moving to British Columbia, Canada instead!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.