Tuesday 28 April 2020

Dina Wakley inspiration


I've been binge-watching Dina Wakley on Youtube and feeling inspired. This page was done after watching the demo on using large brushes. You can see further down in the photos the beginning drawing. It was done with a 2in/5cm brush. The thing with a brush of that size is that you don't have much control, so you let go and just see what happens. Once you let go of perfection it's amazing what you can do. I just love the eyes on this page, so much so that I made some prints and framed them and also some cards :) The picture above is what I used for the print and I removed the wording, but in my journal it says, "let go of perfection and surprise yourself'. 

Where are you finding inspiration in lock-down?






1 comment:

  1. Well done, Tracy - what a fabulous portrait. I'm with you on the eyes - they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.