Thursday 28 July 2022

New canvas

 


I think this canvas is now finished. It's been sitting around in my studio for a while and I pull it out and set it on my easel to see whether I want to add anything. And I don't. So I guess it's finished. 

Just seeing the photo now, I can see some buildings off to the right beneath a stormy sky. It seems to suggest a landscape without being anything like something from real life. 

I love to see what is revealed when a painting is done because I don't start off with any idea of what I want to achieve. This is one of the five I'm doing with the same palette, so it will be interesting to see if anything similar is revealed in the others. I know there are some patterns emerging - circles (surprise 😄), and squiggles, and patches of intense white applied with a palette knife so there are 'sprays' around them. 







2 comments:

  1. This is a beauty, Tracy - those 'buildings' to the right look to me as though they are settled in smog, until one looks up a little higher to see all that glorious colour. The 'mountains' on the top left look as though they are protecting the cityscape, and isn't that a wonderful thought? So much to see here, not the least of which are the circles. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny what we see, isn't it? None of it was put in there consciously - it just turned up!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.