Friday 1 July 2022

Is it done?

 


This is the canvas on my easel at the moment. I'm standing back and deciding whether it is done or not. Sometimes it's easy to know that it's finished, and at other times it takes some stepping back and leaving it for a while. 

This one has been mostly covered up from its first outing. I was really enjoying painting large strokes with diluted white paint, especially where it was picking up some of the still-wet paint from the canvas. Here's a video close-up showing some of the details.





.


2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, Tracy, and the video showing closeups is awesome. I'd be spending quite some time looking at this one 'in the flesh'. I love the way the paint colours are layered, mixed, and combined. Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Win. I ended up adding in some vertical lines and thinning out the black at the bottom so it's less bottom-heavy. I think it's finally done, now :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.