Monday 15 August 2022

Aspire


Aspire to always improve, whether in big steps or small.

All these arrows made me want to rise up. They made me think about moving forwards, about improvement. Sometimes we don't recognise the improvement we're making because the steps are so small. But when we look back over a longer period of time, we can see that we have made progress. 

I look at some of the canvases I did a few years ago, and although I still like them, I can see that what I am producing at the moment has much more complexity. That doesn't mean to say that I won't move on to things that are simpler again, like this art journal page. It's all part of the journey. Being able to put a few elements on a page and getting balance is a skill to improve in, just as building layers and complexity into things is, too. The thing is to keep at it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.