Friday 5 August 2022

New growth

 

Ready for new growth.

I'm entering a new phase in my life with a casual job in a local independent bookshop, starting today! It's a long time since I worked in a bookshop - the mid 1990s to be exact. I home-schooled for our child's entire education and have done some cleaning and digging holes for interment of ashes (yes, our child is delighted that I went on to the census as a gravedigger 🤣) but nothing really where you deal with the public all day. It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time. But I keep reminding myself that I can do this. I'm capable and I've done it before. If I tell myself often enough, I might just believe it.


2 comments:

  1. How exciting, Tracy, to be revisiting a position that you've held before and in a new place entirely. You'll bring to it a new person, as well, as you're seasoned with some decades of living. Here's to a new adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly a steep learning curve as I learn of the favourite authors in this area, which are different from the ones in the UK.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.