Monday 5 September 2022

Books

 


A book is a device to ignite the imagination - Alan Bennett

At the moment I am reading the third book in the Morrigan Crow series. It's a book for children in the same way that Harry Potter is - in other words, adults can definitely enjoy it too. I read the first book and then reserved the next two at the library. I shall be buying them as soon as I am back in the bookshop, and eagerly await the fourth one which isn't out for a WHOLE YEAR! How will I wait that long? I recommended it to my grown up child, who loves it and has recommended it to someone else, who is also loving it. So this is my shout out for Jessica Townsend, who has created a wonderful whimsical world that comes to life and draws you in and makes you laugh aloud when you are not tense with the peril of it all. 

Imagination definitely ignited :)

2 comments:

  1. I was sorry not to be able to find this series in our library system...darn and drat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a shame, Win. It might be because she's an Aussie author - maybe the rights haven't been bought in Canada yet.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.