Monday 19 September 2022

Sketchbook to canvas

 


I recently watched a set of videos by Kellee Wynne about grid journalling. I pulled out my sketchbook and did a set of grids and wanted to see if I could transfer one of the compositions to a canvas. It's not really something I've done before. I decided I liked this one:


And here is the canvas I produced from it.


As you can see, I didn't use the same palette, but the elements are all there in about the same proportions. 

I often like smaller pieces I make, which are much simpler than my larger pages/canvases, but don't usually scale up. When I work with a larger canvas I tend to make even more marks! I guess I just like to play 😊

1 comment:

  1. That's a great exercise, and I love the canvas piece even more than the small grid one. Perhaps it's the colour, but it really sings to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.