Wednesday 7 September 2022

Branching out

 


Branching out - it doesn't hurt to try new things.

Some people do one thing extremely well. It's their thing and what they are well known for. Others have many strings to their bow. I come into the second category. I just love to make things, especially if I can do it from scratch. For instance, I like to make books, and it's even better when I've patterned my own paper and fabric for it, or made the paper myself. So I try new things. Sometimes I find they're not for me, but I don't think of this as wasted time as there is always something to learn and that might be applicable to other things. 

Some branches will be longer than others and some have many offshoots. Some get pruned out after a while and others become foundational for the whole tree. But unless you try those new things, how will you know if you're any good at them, or if they feed your wellbeing?

1 comment:

  1. Here's to continual branching out, whether it's book-making, mixed media, or any new endeavour. Gorgeous page, m'lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.