Wednesday 10 January 2024

Growlery


 Growlery - the place you go, or the thing you do, when in a mood, to help you feel better.

This word is used by Dickens in reference to a room that Mr. Jarndyce retreats to in Bleak House. It is a safe place to vent and to work through, ponder, and dissipate a bad mood. It might also be used to refer to something you do if you don't have a room to retreat to, such as going for a walk, or painting it out, or taking a nap. 

What are the things you do or the places you go to work through it when you feel down or out of sorts?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I definitely head to the studio as the perfect growlery (and what a great word!). I love your image, Tracy , from the colours to design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family pushes me into the studio when I become antsy because I haven't thrown some colour on something in a while :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.