Wednesday 31 January 2024

Catacosmesis

 


Catacosmesis - stacking the tasks at hand in whatever order best suits us.

Originally this word applied to rhetoric, and stacking a speech in such a way that it flows and is easily remembered, a bit like using a mnemonic. But it can be applied to any list of tasks we must work our way through. 

Take a moment to think it through and work out the best order to do things in. Picking off the easy things and leaving the difficult ones until later is not necessarily the best option. Catacosmesis is about organising, and there is more than one way to do that.

This is my last January 'words' post. Taking a break from doing more complex journal pages has been fun, and helped me to bump up out of a rut - a bit of an expergefactor, perhaps? I am looking forward to getting back to a more colourful way of working.

2 comments:

  1. Great word, Tracy, and who could resist a word about organization?! I'm loving it! Although I'll be missing the outstanding words you've been illustrating, I'm looking forward to where the Muse will take you next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are only so many new words I can take in in a month! I'll learn a few more soon, but am trying to get these established in my brain :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.