Thursday 8 February 2024

More play

 


I'm having so much fun playing in this slim hardback altered book. It only has 13 spreads, but I can see myself returning to it when I want inspiration in terms of palette but also composition. I don't love every page, but even if you don't like something, you can learn from it, even if it's 'never put those colours together again!'

I love the simplicity of the heart page above. The layout of nine hearts in a square is so pleasing to me. These are the endpapers, so were black rather than creamy, making the gesso work as one of the colours. 

The colours above are unusual for me in that they are all fairly dull colours, but I'm happy with how they look together. It's fun to try things you wouldn't usually do and opens up new opportunities.


These are more like my usual palette. Both have bits that I like. As you can see, I'm loving doing dots at the moment, especially of different sizes all mixed together. They just give a bit more depth to the page. 









2 comments:

  1. These are all lovely, Tracy, and that grid of hearts is particularly so. I'm also loving that second last photo - the colour combination is a delight, as is the design. Little wonder you enjoy playing in the journal, and how wonderful that there are always things to learn when you do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Win. There's so much fun to be had just playing :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.