Saturday 8 June 2024

Yes and no

A 'yes' is also a 'no'.  

Whenever we say 'yes' to something, it means 'no' to something else because there is only so much time in the day and only so much that we can do with that time. As an introvert I am very careful with how much I say 'yes' to. There are people who may be upset if I say 'no' but I have to manage my energy. After all, they aren't the ones who have to live with me if I've over done it 😊

It is easy to feel that we should say 'yes' to everything that comes our way. Maybe it's something we'd like to do; or we don't want to let people down; or we don't want to miss out on anything. But running yourself into the ground isn't helpful to anyone. You may cause some disappointment by saying 'no', but in the long run it is better than saying 'yes' and having to pull out, or being so overwhelmed in doing what you said that you have no joy in it. 




2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this post, and wholeheartedly agree. Saying yes to everything is something that can be toxic to the max. Give us the grace to learn to say no!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.