Wednesday 24 July 2024

SA LA LA Land!

It is real!

A couple of months ago I was complaining that several expressions of interest that I had sent off received no response whatsoever. One, though, did get back to me, and is about to come to fruition on Tuesday July 30th. Each August Adelaide is host to the South Australian Living Artists Festival (SALA). This year I will be exhibiting my Storms of Life series alongside 24 other artists in the Adelaide CBD. The exhibition will be called SA LA LA Land, and the venue is ARTHUR, a not for profit venue in an old art deco building. It is a bar and a music venue most of the time, but is turned into an art gallery for August, with paintings, sculpture, and installations in a series of rooms upstairs and downstairs.

It didn't feel real until I dropped off my canvases this morning and saw the wall they will be displayed on. I'll be taking photos at the opening night on Tuesday, so look out for that post :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.