Monday 29 July 2024

Karst stone paper


My husband bought me some Karst stone paper, which is just what it says - paper made from stone. It is incredibly smooth, waterproof, but able to be used with water-based media. It is acid-free and won't yellow over time; saves trees, water, and energy; is sustainable and won't bleed through. So I've been giving it a try. 

I used gesso on the piece above, but not on the one below. Both are vibrant and I found that the paint went on better if I added a little water to the tube acrylics. This is 240 gsm, but is floppy - something I'm not used to in the watercolour or mixed media paper that I usually use in my journals. I shall enjoy doing some more experimenting.


 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.