Thursday 14 June 2012

Dive right in


You know how it is - the water is cold and you don't want to go in, really. You enter tentatively, inhaling involuntarily as the cold water climbs higher, each set of nerves being stimulated in turn by the low temperature. (Remember, I'm English, so I know what I'm talking about when I talk about cold seas, even though I'm living in these warm - haha! it's winter here - Australian climes at the moment.) Eventually your body gets used to it and it starts to feel OK.

Of course, there are some things we are called to do where there is no choice - it's dive right in at the
deep end or do nothing.

So what are you like when faced with something new? Do you immerse yourself slowly, getting each part of you used to the new temperature, as it were? Or are you one of those people who just dives right in, getting the shock over and done with quickly?

I have to admit, sometimes I need a push...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.