Wednesday 16 July 2014

Saying no


I find myself contemplating a lot at the moment. I'm reading Pursue the Intentional Life by Jean Fleming. I'm pruning our possessions ready for our upcoming move. Then I read a post by Randy Alcorn about how we have to say no to some really good things… to make room for the best.

If you fill all your time, where do the surprises and delights fit? How do you shoe-horn in time for those unexpected events?

There are some really good things that we can do. But should we be doing them? Think of it like this:

There is an accident. Someone has a broken leg and another person is not breathing. While helping the person with a broken leg would be a good thing, it would not be the best thing in this instance.

What do I need to say no to so that I can say yes to the best?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.