Monday 22 May 2017

How resilient are you?


How resilient are you?

This little plant is a succulent. It is well-adapted to a hot, dry environment. But through the year, it has to cope with temperatures from about 0 to 45℃. It needs strategies to stop water loss on those days when the wind is like a hairdryer. But it also needs to not become waterlogged on those days when the rain lashes down, and not to freeze when the temperature (occasionally) drops below freezing on a winter night.

We, too, need to be resilient, like this plant. We need to be able to cope with sudden changes in life without wilting or freezing. We need to be able to keep going even when the environment we're in is not optimal.

What do you do to become resilient?

For me, my faith is huge for this, as are my relationships. But also I need to make sure that I do something creative on a daily basis - art journalling, of course, but also cooking, knitting, writing, patchwork, drawing, making jewellery, and other things along that line. I find that if I don't do something creative, I have less patience, less energy, and so the smallest thing can easily be blown up to ridiculous proportions.

But when I have prayed, read the Bible, spent time with the people I love, and made something, I am much better placed to cope with the unexpected without falling apart.


This page was inspired by a photo I took for Nat Kalbach's challenge Artful Adventures - Stroll Through the Hood. The prompt was 'plant life'. I'm playing on instagram where you can find me @sojournertracy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.