Friday 4 August 2017

Heart reflection


It's Friday, so it must be time for another reflection on the heart. (If you haven't visited before, I'm doing 50 reflections on the heart to stretch my creativity.)

Having read Lynda Shoup's post on thinking about your art as a literary genre, I described my work as autobiographical fable without the animals. And then I thought I should do some animals for a change. So here are a couple of whimsical slugs.

This quote from Henry Vaughan is something that I've seen in some people. This year has been particularly difficult in terms of lots of our friends having cancer scares, or accidents, or health problems. But one of the things I see is that they don't let the sickness take over. They rise above on winged hearts and refuse to let their illness or worry be all that they're about. They are an inspiration.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.