Monday 14 May 2018

Thermals


Halfway through this page it made me think of the sea. I wasn't sure where it was going. Then it called for a sweep of pink and I really had no idea at that point. I left it for a while, occasionally glancing at it as it sat on my easel.

I couldn't shake the idea that the pink sweep was about flight, about leaping. Then it hit me: I have just taken a leap in booking some space to run a couple of workshops. I feel like I'm in the air, but don't quite know if I've caught the thermal yet. It's that exhilarating point where you don't know if you'll take off and fly or fall flat on your face. Only time will tell, but I'm glad to have taken the leap.

Oswald Sanders said, "A great deal more failure is the result of an excess of caution than of bold experimentation with new ideas."

So, if you're in the Liverpool area on 2nd June, join me for Art Journalling 101 - a taster course for those who want to try out visual journalling. Or on 4th August for Engaging Creatively with Psalm 23. (email or comment for details) It's time to let go of the excess of caution and hope to catch a thermal.





1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to hear that you've booked space to put on workshops - that's really catching the thermal, my friend. Congratulations on that, and a gorgeous page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.