Monday 13 May 2019

Value


How can you expect others to value your work if you don't value it yourself?

I don't know about you, but I find it very hard to price my work. There have been times when people have asked me to make things and when I have given a price - less than minimum wage per hour for the amount of work I would need to put in - they have said no because it was 'too expensive'. So I started to charge less.

Recently I have started to wonder when I stopped valuing what I do. Why are my time and talents worth less than anyone else's? So this year I am pricing my work in a way that reflects the time invested. Those who value it will recognise and respect that.





1 comment:

  1. Fabulous call, Tracy - I'd rather give my work away to someone I love than sell it for less than what it's worth. It can take hours, weeks, months sometimes to create a piece, and selling it for less than what it's worth is a sad, sad thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.