Saturday 7 May 2022

It's been a long time...

 


Well, we lived out of suitcases for 13 weeks (count 'em... 13! That's a quarter of a year) and now our stuff has arrived, my computer has been updated and so has my browser, and I can use this blog again. Hurrah!

Being without all my supplies for so long forced me into working differently. I had no acrylics, only neocolor 2s. At first all my pages were ugly as I learned that layering up with watercolours just doesn't work, even when you add in felt-tips and a bit of writing. This meant my pages ended up looking 'cleaner' as they had more white space. I had to think more carefully about colours as once they were on the page, there wasn't much I could do to change them save for cover over them completely. It's only in the last week or so that I've felt that I've hit my stride. Typical! Now I'll have to relearn how to use acrylics, but you can bet I'm looking forward to that :)

Anyway, I'll post new stuff as I make it, and maybe a few of the things I've done over the last few months so you can see how a change and limitation of medium can really change how you work.

Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to see you back online with your artwork, Tracy...you can bet I've added you to my favourites list, and will look forward to many more posts. Here's to a wonderful return - both to Blogger and to your acrylic mastery. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.