Friday 20 May 2022

Over-thinking

 


It goes so much better if you don't over-think it!

These were the words going through my head while doing this page, which I was definitely over-thinking! But then it struck me that it is true for a lot of life. It's when we start to dwell on things, to second-guess ourselves, to go through analysis paralysis, that we get stuck. Often the first thing we thought of is the one to go with. Not always, but often. That's why having strict boundaries or limitations can draw more creativity out of us than a completely open remit. Maybe my next page should have a limited colour palette and I should stop telling myself that using paint straight out of the tube isn't 'right'. 

Where do you get stuck with your art?

1 comment:

  1. Over-thinking is the cardinal sin in my studio and it resides there so much that I could cheerfully punt it over to Australia. Thanks for the reminder and the paint straight out of the tube!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.