Wednesday 15 February 2023

All the other parts of art

 

The other parts of art - the artist bio, the CV, the exhibition rationale. All those things that go into an expression of interest. As artists, we want to make art. But if we want others to see it, we need to learn about all the other parts of art. 

We need to learn how to express in words what we naturally put down in colour and shape and composition. We need to put ourselves forward where we would naturally hide behind what we make. 

I'm hoping that the more we do the other parts of art the easier it gets, but I'm not sure if that will be the case. 

Anyway, back to my exhibition rationale. It's only 300 words, but they're taking an awfully long time to craft. Let's hope all the work I'm putting in bears fruit. But if not, I'll at least have had some practice.  




1 comment:

  1. When I was exhibiting, my hugest wish was that someone else would do all the writing, marketing and cleaning up after so I could just create. Fond hopes. 😂

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.