Monday 27 February 2023

Acorns

 

It still amazes me what massive things can grow from such small seeds.

This page started with some rings of avocado stone ink, and one of them looked like a tree to me. The colour led me to the red oxide paint that I spread across the middle of the page, and when I applied a sponge to wipe some off, for some reason it only came off in a more or less circular region. I added all the other elements and my eye kept being drawn to the 'gap'. It felt like a burrow, a small gap in the earth. It made me think of seeds buried, especially as there was already a tree on the page. 

The wonder of large plants growing from small seeds never leaves me. And it applies in other areas as well. Small ideas, small acts, an off-hand comment, they can all grow into something enormous and worthwhile. So don't dismiss them when they spark something in you.




1 comment:

  1. What a luscious page, Tracy, and your wonder at the ability of an acorn (and all seeds, for that matter) to grow into such a massive gift is truly amazing. Nature is a marvel, and one we could do well to emulate - sowing small acts of kindness, love and beauty can truly change the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.