Friday 30 June 2023

A big piece on paper

 

I wanted to work on a bigger piece than I can in my art journal, so I pulled out a piece of 230gsm paper in A3 size and taped it off to make a border. Somehow the piece feels more 'professional' if it has a border :)

Then I got to work. Of course, it went through a hot-mess middle phase, but I think I've managed to pull it back to something reasonable. I really like the dark patches that give it a depth. I'm still putting on patches of white, like clouds, but they are smaller than in my series of paintings. Maybe I'm moving on to the next thing, whatever that is. Anyway, there are lots of interesting (to me) bits that I want to explore more, like the pattern left when you apply paint that goes on with varied thickness, and then scrape it off after some of it has dried. I'm sure some of that will be turning up on my journal pages soon.







2 comments:

  1. This is just delicious, Tracy - I'm loving the contrasts throughout, and can see you playing with the on-off thing for quite some time. Those areas really increase the feeling of depth. And I LOVE the colour. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the contrasts, too. Those really deep colours are making me happy at the moment :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.