Wednesday 21 June 2023

Frame

 

Pull back to see the whole picture.

When I stepped back from this page I couldn't help but see a frame right in the middle, formed by those drips. It made me think about how sometimes we become so focussed on something that we fail to see anything else. What is in the 'frame' on this page is more or less plain paper. There is much more interest going on around it than in it. When we become so focussed on one way of doing things we miss new and exciting options. Step back and take in the whole picture.




One of the reasons I haven't posted as much recently is because I have been 'painting with yarn'. I found some wonderful yarn in our local shop that I just had to have. It has all the colours I often use together, and the colours blend from one to another making it very much like one of my paintings. I find myself fascinated with the way one colour blends into another along my needle. Yes, I am one of those people who arranges their neocolors into a rainbow in the box :) I just love that raspberry colour next to the teal, and how it blends to orange and through green. Just yummy.




2 comments:

  1. Well, yummmmmmmmmmmmm on all counts. Love your page, and the thought, and that knitting is just amazing. Little wonder it's hard to get to the paint and posting. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sewing the knitting together, so shall be wearing it soon!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.