Thursday 4 April 2013

Art Journal Journey



Over on Art Journal Journey the subject for the month is 'Landscape Within Me' so here is my first go at it. 

I thought about what it would look like if there was a garden in my head. What does my interior landscape look like?

I came to the conclusion that it would be a bit of a mix. There are some parts that would be like mature trees - those parts that have been developing since childhood (my temperament), skills that I've been using for a long time such as knitting. There would be lots of different types of plants because I enjoy lots of different things. I would like to think that there would be fruit. A life that doesn't produce fruit is surely wasted. And seedlings as new things start to grow and develop, just pushing up through the soil of my imagination.

So what's it like inside your head? Pop on over to Art Journal Journey to see some other interior landscapes. 


17 comments:

  1. amazing Tracy! I really enjoyed your thoughts to this page and to the theme !
    Thank you very much for joining us on
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY

    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment re my quilt. This is beautiful, I love your explanation too.

    Happy WOYWW

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Landscape with me...I love this! Beautiful, Tracy, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - absolutely fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts underlying this journal, dear Tracy. It gives the page so much more depth! The idea of portraying yourself with a garden in your head is very unique. And the way you worked it out is very unique!
    Greets,
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like your picture with its clever framing and I enjoyed your accompanying description which enhanced it. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant take on the theme this month ... Love the things blooming from your head very much!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you have mature plants as well as seedlings in your head. Sometimes I think my head houses one crazy, mixed-up jungle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both the words and the art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page. I think it is very clever the way you titled this and had the trees and other plants coming from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow,This is beautiful creation tracy, i love what you completed... and georgus qoute.

    Hugs Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.