Wednesday 10 April 2013

WOYWW - books, shirts, and patchwork


Hi there desk-snoopers. And if you haven't yet learned the thrill of snooping around other  people's desks, go straight to http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com and join in the fun. 

I know for a lot of you it's still Tuesday, but here in sunny Australia it is already almost lunchtime on Wednesday, so here is my Wednesday morning desk. I'll link up when everyone else catches up :)

As you can see, I've been busy making books. The book on the left is in progress. It's being bound in leather and I'm working out how best to attach the book block. If I get it finished today I'll add another photo. The one on the right is covered in 'croc-skin' paper and made of all sorts of different papers. I've seen these referred to elsewhere as junque journals. Below are a couple of photos of the insides. 



And the sewing continues. I finished the tenth and last clerical shirt yesterday - the red one on the right. 


And finally, a king-size patchwork duvet cover that needs the border sewing on and a back attaching.



So, what's on your workdesk?

Update: Here is the finished leather notebook. I'm quite pleased with it :)



14 comments:

  1. Fantastic book. You should be very proud.
    Lynn 49

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that book looks so impressive! I can't sew to save my life regrettably. Have a good day. Helen 8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi tracy, wow, great projects, i love the book that you made. It's absolutly beautiful.xxxSara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you go!! Busy, busy down under! Love it all!

    Happy crafting!
    Jeannie #32

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the book, beautifully created x
    Happy WOYWW Heather #73

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous book, very clever. Love the quilt, did you make it?
    Famfa 97

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your book look fantastic. You are working on quite a bit of things. Happy crafting #87

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work, the note book is scrummy.
    Karen #73

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracy, your books are beautiful - I like the faux croc-skin cover. You seem to enjoy working on more than one project at a time. Have a wonderful week crafting, Elizabeth x #41

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smashing book! I am trying to visit everyone! jenx 129

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness! You are one productive person. :-) April #121

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bookbinding, journals, duvets, and shirts ... way to be an overachiever, Tracy!! I'll be fine sitting here feeling pretty darn lazy compared to what you get up to in your life! LOL! Talk about an inspiration! Have a wonderful week! Darnell #47

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Wide array of talents! The leather book is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.