Tuesday 16 July 2013

Summer of Colour Week 6


So, here we are in the last week of Summer of Colour. Already! If you've only just stumbled across this, check out all the rainbow of colours we've been playing with for the last six weeks by clicking on the Summer of Colour 3 button in the sidebar. 

And the final set of colours? Sage and sepia.

Well, they immediately brought to mind the word 'vintage'. Now, vintage is not normally my style, but I'm up for a challenge. Plus I received a whole passel of vintage papers in a recent mail swap organised by Artists in Blogland. 

Once again I made a little time-lapse video. I've learned a lot in the past six weeks about my process. For instance, I generally leave some time between layers to think about what comes next. Very rarely do I have an end in sight at the beginning. When I make a video which I can't pause, I have to have some idea of where I'm going or at least a selection of materials that I stick to. The limitations have been fun - forcing me to work in a different way, with colours that aren't the norm for me. The pages that have emerged have been a change from my usual style. And that's a good thing. So thank you for all the fun Kristin!

The main photo in this layout is a wedding photo from 1992 aged in iPhoto. The dictionary defines 'vintage' as the year or place in which wine, esp. of high quality, was produced. I like to think that our marriage is like that - of especially high quality and maturing nicely. 





A few close-ups.




18 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and what a great way to look at the word vintage.
    A fine wine indeed =).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a delicious page. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved watching your process, Tracy. Beautiful page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the video and loved what you said: "of especially high quality and maturing nicely. " Yes, that sounds like what I like to think about my hubby and me. Great post, very nice work.:) Nice to have met you on this journey of SOC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're awesome! This really makes me smile. I am a bit sad about six weeks of color and summer passing so quickly... It's been fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page! I really enjoyed watching the video. So fun to see you work out how to put the pieces together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also thought vintage when I first saw the colors. You used vintage so well as attested to by your lovely spread. It is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! Yes, I love your vintage page and how you used this week's colors! I can't believe that we are on our final week already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your definition of vintage in relation to your marriage made me smile. Love this page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice work!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Love the vintage vibe to your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love that definition of vintage. Definitely applies to my partner and I :)

    Love what you did with the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.