Monday 18 November 2013

Journal Fodder 365 - Prompt #26


The prompt for this week is hopes and fears. 


I'm really pleased with the background in this. I just pasted down a few bits and pieces, gessoed, then scraped some acrylics - both liquid and thick - until it felt done. 


After that a bit of black stamping was needed. I knew the words 'hope' and 'fear' would be next and I wanted them writ large. They were a little lost so an added shadow dragged them out of the background. 


Then came the thinking part. What did the prompt bring up? 
I thought about the shadow cast by fear in contrast with the light of hope. I don't want to be chained in the shadow of fear, unable to move forward, living in the dark.


I want to move towards that light at the end of the tunnel, the flame of hope. 


I choose to live in the light.




5 comments:

  1. I love this. It is wonderful to watch how you are growing in your art ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing work with wonderful colours and message to everyone. I like to feel I live in HOPE

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page and the way you've got the HOPE dropping down the page. Such a contrast to think of fear and hope, shadow and light. In Jesus we can all live in the Light of Hope. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your work. I am now a follower and will be back often!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is what our pastor has spoken on recently. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.