Monday 20 January 2014

Journal Fodder 365 - Prompt #35


Well, after my blip last week, this prompt went much better. It was moods and emotions.

The idea was to find symbols to go with your moods and emotions, although I ended up going more with colour. This muted palette fits my mood. I'm not the colourful life-and-soul-of-the-party type. I don't have large highs and deep lows. I'm a lot more even-tempered.

Sure I have my moments. I cry easily, usually over injustices and cruelty, but I don't generally have loud outbursts of anger. I'm not a shouter.

I take joy in small things and laugh easily.
I would say that I am more of an optimist than pessimist.
I try not to get upset over the little things - life is too short.

What colour suits your emotional temperament?


5 comments:

  1. Red, definitely red, as I am a very impulsive. Funnily enough so far I've never used it in my artwork. At least not a pure and jarring red. Maybe because I don't like me being that way. I'd rather be like you descibing yourself, even-tempered. That's what I adore. And that why i love your page just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this page, those flowers are wonderful. I'm a bit like you and like to take joy in the small things but I would say yellow! I love the light and the sun and the warmth, so maybe a bit of orange too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super flowers! Tell us how you layered it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy Lee
      The layering was really simple - just three layers. The first was gesso put through a stencil. Then acrylic paint applied with a baby wipe. I then used the same acrylic colours through the stencil. Voila!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.