Tuesday 21 October 2014

Another video


Having rediscovered the fun of making a video the other day, I thought I'd do another one. I chose to do a face this time and didn't let myself be hurried. Watching the video afterwards, it's interesting to see how it came together. I don't necessarily think about what I'm doing while I'm doing it, so it was fun watching the face emerge.

The eyes were made with a hand-carved stamp and the rest of the lines of the face were made using a brush and water-soluble graphite. I have noticed that I'm getting bolder with faces. I used to always draw them out with pencil first. Now I go straight in there. There's a freedom in letting go of expectations. It will be a face, even if it looks like an abstract Picasso woman by the end.

I chose to make her a red-head because the background was mostly blue. I wanted to bring in some 'pop' to the page.





2 comments:

  1. Amazing Tracy, love that spread, with the face and all the layers underneath, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! You need a You Tube channel ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.