Monday 9 March 2020

100 day project


I've heard about the 100 day project before, enjoyed watching people's progress on Instagram, but never taken part. This year I decided to change that.

But what to do?

It needs to be something that doesn't take too long each day and also something that doesn't become boring. At first I thought about doing some small collages using only collage and pens, but then I'd end up with 100 small collages - yet more stuff to clutter up my tiny studio.

So I thought again. What about working on one piece? I could do 100 layers. The first few pictures will be fairly boring, but as it builds, hopefully it should become more interesting. It will go through hot mess stages and also 'I want to stop because I love it as it is' stages. Each layer will consist of work with one particularly art item e.g. if I pick up a tube of red acrylic, then I can do as much as I want on the paper with that particular paint, and that counts as a layer.

So watch this space. The challenge starts on April 7th. Will you be joining in the fun?




1 comment:

  1. I love your thought of doing one layer a day on the same piece - brilliant. Not sure yet if I will go for this project, but it's starting to pull me in. Hmmmmmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.