Friday 27 March 2020

The practice of thankfulness


Practice thankfulness. In times of uncertainty and anxiety it is helpful to remember your blessings.

No matter what situation we find ourselves in, there is always something to be thankful for. We may have to look harder to find it, it may be a small thing, but there is always a reason to give thanks.

In our pandemic times, I am thankful for...
the breath in my lungs
family and friends, even though I can't hug them all right now
the sunshine - somehow it all looks better when the sun is shining
birdsong - I can hear more of it while I walk now there are fewer cars on the roads
technology that helps us stay in touch
all those people who are working on the front-lines to keep us all healthy and fed
art supplies
books
and many, many other things besides.

There is much to be thankful for.





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful page, Tracy. Like you, I'm practicing thankfulness and counting my blessings. Keep safe, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.