Friday 24 April 2020

100 days project - days 11-15


I'm enjoying and frustrated with the 100 day project in equal measure 😊

I find the small size restrictive. I'm having to rein in my marks, use smaller brushes and smaller stencils. On the other hand, creating every day is a good discipline and working at something you find difficult grows patience and perseverance. Looking at lots of pieces together also helps you to see repetitive elements. One doesn't have to look long at my work to see that circles are a recurring theme. I find them soothing, so maybe it's not so surprising that in these uncertain days they are cropping up on my pages with regularity.

As for my other project - 100 layers - I find that I'm so used to using fewer layers that I've headed towards a finished page with 80 odd more layers to go. A lot of things are going to be covered up as I progress. I realise now that I should have started with more blocks of colour and fewer smaller marks (the perils of working larger and smaller than usual at the same time!) I can see everything being covered up several times before I reach the end of the 100 days.





1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous projects, Tracy, and I'm intrigued by the problems of working both larger and smaller. I wonder if that would be helpful to get my muse jump started again....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.