Wednesday 1 April 2020

Social isolation


Social isolation - keeping our distance to care for one another.

It seems so strange that to care for one another, we have to stay away from each other. To show our love, we keep our distance. How affronted are we when others invade our 2m space? Doing my shopping this week I was carefully keeping my distance from the people in front of me, only to have others come up behind me or pass close by when there was no need to be so close. When that happens, you want to shout, "I'm keeping my distance for your sake as well as mine!"

Drawing close at this time shows a lack of care for others. How long will it take us to revert once all this is over? Perhaps with loved ones hugging will come back as soon as possible, but what about with strangers? Will we still swerve out of the way in the street? Will we take up shaking hands again? How will our personal interactions change because of this situation?





1 comment:

  1. Fascinating post, Tracy. Like you, I am wondering how and in how many ways the world will change as a result of this pandemic. Beautiful and thought-provoking page...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.