Wednesday 29 June 2022

Decisions

Don't make their decisions for them! You have to put things out there because you don't know who will respond.

It is easy for artists to decide for other people: there's no point putting my work out there because no-one will want to buy it. I won't talk about my workshop again because the flyers have been out there and no-one is interested (yes, this is me!). 

But this is making someone else's decision for them. You've already decided that they're not interested. Really, lots of people need to come into contact with something several times before they decide they want to go ahead, especially if it's not something they've considered before. 

Don't decide that people aren't interested because then you take away their chance to be.







2 comments:

  1. Amen - to the sentiment and to the gloriously beautiful illustration. I'm loving all the textural aspects of it and the feeling of compartmentalization that accompanies it. Well done, Tracy!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Win. I have to keep reminding myself of this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.