Wednesday 12 April 2023

Grateful

 

I'm enjoying working in my black journal again. It's amazing how different a page can feel starting with a dark background. Of course, some of my paints don't work on it as they are transparent, so there are things to take into consideration. It generally means I add white to things to make them stand out. That led to more pink on this page than I would usually use, but that's okay.

I am grateful that I have a family who understand my need to create in many different ways. They allow me my own space and plenty of time to potter about in the studio. I am a nicer person for it :)

I am grateful that I have access to materials that allow me to play and experiment and not worry too much about 'using things up'. 

I am grateful that I can use my creative gifts to support my husband in his work, and that he appreciates what I can contribute.

I am grateful that our Easter services went well. It was a lot of work, and Monday was a really lazy day for us, but the feedback has been good. 





2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous page, Tracy. Starting from a black background has given your 'Grateful' page a whole lot of punch. I'm loving all the texture and the pink is delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Win. I think the black background gives it all a depth right from the beginning.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.