Sunday 23 April 2023

Purple!


Playing with a new colour.

I picked up a new tube of paint on Friday - Atelier interactive acrylic in purple (series 1). So of course I'm giving it a work out now. I love how deep it is when used straight up, a darker shade than it looks from the colour indication on the tube, and I'm happy about that. I need to experiment with it when added to white and also to blue to see what lovely shades and tones I can make. Look out for it on my upcoming pages :)

What new colour are you learning about at the moment? What would you like to try next?




4 comments:

  1. This is a nice shade of purple. It is one of my favorite colors to use. Hope you are enjoying spring's visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rapidly becoming one of my favourites. Actually we are heading in to autumn here in Australia, although the way the grass suddenly starts to grow after the dry summer, it feels a bit like spring :)

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous colour, Tracy. I'm playing a lot with Opera Pink right now, and loving the way it interacts with Hansa Yellow and Fluorescent Orange. So exciting to play with colour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that sounds bright! Hope you're having a good time with family.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.